My resolutions for 2018
Reflections on 2016
Fitness, psychically and mentally.
I stagnated physically. I didn’t increase any of my limits from last year. My mind was also really cluttered with personal issues.
I didn’t follow through with my Spanish.
Become a Data Scientist
I didn’t become Data Scientist but I did joined Conde Nast as a Data Engineer which I work closely with Machine Learning engineers and Data Scientists. From this I realised that I enjoy building product and architecture more. On this point I don’t think I’m going to chase after this in 2018
- Mt. Rainer (More on this later)
Reflections on 2017
2017 was a painful year for me. I didn’t stick to my plan and I was completely detailed. One thing that I think I did greate was investment. I open a borkerage account and I started investing with automatic deposit from my paycheck. I also set aside 401K and Roth.
I did one 5K run and I finished it with 10:37 /mile. It’s a good start for me.
Goals for 2018
Atul talked about if you want to be great at something; Get a coach. This talk made me realised that I really wanted to improve my career professionally. More on this later.
Some of the point that I want to improve upon.
- Be more mindful. I realised one thing about myself. When I read or learn something I tend to skim instead of going deep into the subject. This create an illusion that I have learned something. The fact is I didn’t learn anything at all. Also, I’m also going to be more disciplined about using pomodoro.
- Read more both technical and soft skills.
- Invest more in myself. I’m getting a coach.
- Talk at a conference. This is my personal goal that I wanted to get better at public speaking.
- Learn Blockchain. 2017 is a big year for Bitcoin but I’m more interested in the technology behind it. I believe it’s going to create something more disruptive and bigger than Bitcoin.
Fitness, physically and mentally
- Run half marathon. I decided to take baby step on this instead of going for a full marathon.
- Fix my posture. Many people have told me that I slouch. I need to come up with a plan to fix this.
This post took 2 pomodoros to complete
Til next time,
noppanit at 15:01